June 25th, 2009
How did I get here?Things You May Not Know About Me
I chose to work in this industry because I really enjoy working with my hands and being in different locations. I started painting after graduating high school in 1976 for the Painters Union in Van Nuys, Ca. After just a few months, I was promoted to lead customer service foreman. New homeowners started asking to have bedroom colors changed, garages painted and so forth. I got so busy with that, I left my position with the Union, struck out on my own, and never looked back. I really enjoy what I do. I have met a lot of interesting people, and have made a few good friends along the way.
It also gives me great satisfaction and pride for a job well done.
I really enjoy working in Southern California. You just can’t beat the weather, or the people!
- Began in the industry: 1976
- Business Description: Well established, since 1986
- Favorite Local Restaurant: Brophy Bros. Seafood
- Favorite Travel Destination: This is a tough one, but I would have to say Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.
- Favorite Sports Team: Los Angeles Lakers
- Hometown: Ventura, CA
- How I Spend My Time Off: Hiking, camping, working in my yard, and taking care of the never ending “Honey Do” list!
- Favorite Things: I really enjoy animals of all kinds, and the great outdoors!